Did I accidentally combine chlorine and MA?

EndlessSummerAZ

May 18, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Strangest thing happened to me just now. We had our pool refinished so starting over with balancing chems. I ran my tests and FC was at 0.5, PH was probably over 8.2 judging by the color of the test. Start up company had left tabs in the pool and they’ve been in there 2 days now.

Anyways, when I went to pour in the MA, a vapor/mist formed over the water and lingered for a few seconds as it skirted across the pool. I’ve never had that happen before. I stopped pouring as soon as I noticed and stepped away from the area. However, now I’m scared I inhaled chlorine gas or something.

Anyone had a vapor form like that before? I’m hesitant to go finish pouring the MA and then later my chlorine.

Strangest thing happened to me just now. We had our pool refinished so starting over with balancing chems. I ran my tests and FC was at 0.5, PH was probably over 8.2 judging by the color of the test. Start up company had left tabs in the pool and they’ve been in there 2 days now.

Anyways, when I went to pour in the MA, a vapor/mist formed over the water and lingered for a few seconds as it skirted across the pool. I’ve never had that happen before. I stopped pouring as soon as I noticed and stepped away from the area. However, now I’m scared I inhaled chlorine gas or something.

Anyone had a vapor form like that before? I’m hesitant to go finish pouring the MA and then later my chlorine.
Is the pump running?

You did not create chlorine gas unless you poured muriatic acid directly on some sort of chlorine product.

MA can create vapors depending on the weather conditions.

High humidity can often lead to more visible vapors.

Reactions: Mdragger88
You did not create chlorine gas unless you poured muriatic acid directly on some sort of chlorine product.

MA can create vapors depending on the weather conditions.

High humidity can often lead to more visible vapors.
This makes me feel better, thanks. We’re at about 34% humidity today so not that high. 80 degrees out, pool is 60. Did not pour directly on anything so should be good.

Reactions: JamesW
Sometimes if its very calm out you can see the vapors wheras if the wind is blowing at all you may not even notice them.

Sounds normal to me. Depending on the weather, I can sometimes see vapor briefly after pouring MA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.