Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals Salt

Ballcaddy

Oct 20, 2016
Dallas/TX
I recently added 2 bags of the Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals salt to my pool to bring up it up to the correct salt level. It appears I'm getting additional surface bubbles from the spa waterfall and tanning ledge bubbler. I did notice the bag indicates for water softeners and could this be the reason for the increased surface bubbles? The bubbles will disipate pretty quickly, just curious if the salt could be causing this?

Attachments

• IMG_1833.png
    IMG_1833.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 10
I have used the same product, no issues.

Raising the salinity will not increase bubbles to my knowledge.

Reactions: proavia
I've read that solar salt is dirtier than pool salt, but I used pool salt last year for the first time and got the same foam/bubbles.
It was still pretty dirty and gave the stairs a yellowish brown tint until I sweeped them.

Screenshot_20230404_130124_Gallery.jpg

If you added salt, you have a SWCG. Remember that the SWCG does create hydrogen gas that exits the returns when generating chlorine.

It's spring time and there's lots of crud in the air. The softener salts are all dirty and then packed into a plastic bag. Not telling what little bit of organic residue it might carry along. I would continue to chlorinate, perhaps even add a bit of LC to bump the FC up to half shock level, and then filter. Whatever it is will likely burn off and go away. My guess is that is more coincidence than causative.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.