Diagnosis a Pentair Superflo VSP problem

kaubu

Aug 18, 2023
Arlington, VA
Hi, having trouble with a Pentair Superflo VSP. It started showing an Err 0018 code which Pentair said was a three phase issue. I turned the power off, waited, restarted. Still Err 0018. Then did it again and Err0018 went away but the pool pump turned on making a very, very loud noise. Turned it off again. Turned it on and then it gave error code 0019 (motor). The pool service company came and took the pump apart and said there was nothing blocking the impeller. I've attached a video with the sound. Any help? The motor is only 1.5 years old. here is the video which has the sound

Welcome to TFP.

Check for debris clogging or blocking the impeller.

Pour some buckets of water into the pump pot to help with the priming.

Hi, having trouble with a Pentair Superflo VSP. It started showing an Err 0018 code which Pentair said was a three phase issue. I turned the power off, waited, restarted. Still Err 0018. Then did it again and Err0018 went away but the pool pump turned on making a very, very loud noise. Turned it off again. Turned it on and then it gave error code 0019 (motor). The pool service company came and took the pump apart and said there was nothing blocking the impeller. I've attached a video with the sound. Any help? The motor is only 1.5 years old. here is the video which has the sound

Is something jamming the fan at the back of the motor? The cover sometimes gets kicked and it will contact the fan, especially the way that pump is oriented. That will give a motor error as the motor can't get up to speed properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.