Diagnose EasyTouch 8 Comm Port

DBarrow

Sep 3, 2023
Houston
I've got a newly installed EasyTouch 8 with Screenlogic protocol adapter connected. Screenlogic Connect is unable to Configure the system (Hangs up at the initial 'Configure' screen (yellow light flashes at lower left). PA LED shows red and the PA is connected and addressed fine to the router.

Thought I was careful with the PA install but I now suspect that perhaps I did not power the system down when I went to trim and terminate the 22 gauge wires to the PA. Does anyone know if that ScreenLogic behavior would be caused by a burned up Comm Port? Is there any way to definitively diagnose the Comm Port to know if it is burned up or is the motherboard burned up? Are either the mother board or comm port repairable?

Thanks in advance for any help. DB

D,

I assume that you have an IntelliFlo pump..

If that is true, then the first step is to put the system Auto and Pool.. Then go look at the pump's display and see if it shows "Display Not Active".

If it does, it means your com port is working and the pump is being controlled by the EasyTouch.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim; good man. (I've read your and Tom O's other threads on the topic and they help a lot. Yes I have an Intelliflow but it is wireless directly to my WIFI (no com port connect - I've been rehabing my system from Compool for the past year. I will have to dig out the com connect to the pump and use that to follow your diagnostic advice. NB that I am further suspicious that I have blown the motherboard because my other circuit for the cleaner is not following the schedule I programmed for it - cycles on and off sporadically every hour or so. Again much appreciate your engagement here and I will return to report what I learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.