Desperate for a brush that will last on plaster pool for more than a few months.

Jul 30, 2014
Tampa Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Been cleaning my own plaster pool in Florida (year round use) for 11 years now and have yet to find a brush, steel/nylon/kryponite etc. that wont shed in my pool and filters after a few months of use. I've tried whale tails, "pro" ones, big box store ones, steel ones from Pinch recommended when we resurfaced etc. Nothing works more than a few months at most and they are all gimmicky with stupid features to out sell the next. I just need something that works to get the nooks and crannys and steps weekly as my vacuum does the rest. Any insight on one I've overlooked that WONT SHED, at least for a year or so?

As always, thanks to the group! You guys are awesome! I've learned a ton over the years and religiously use my Pool Math app features.

Cheers,
-TPNerd

Must be how you are storing the brush. I have had the Whale Wall brush I purchased from TFTestkits since 2016. Works great and has never lost a bristle.

• Wow
Reactions: KJB1 and proavia
Must be how you are storing the brush. I have had the Whale Wall brush I purchased from TFTestkits since 2016. Works great and has never lost a bristle.
I had the sweepease and that thing loses bristles after just a few uses. It's a shame because I like the spoiler shape. The Protuff doesn't lose bristles but they do wear and my issue was the magnetic connector things for the side brushes got really rusty. I'll admit my storage is not ideal. I leave it out in the elements since I use it daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.