Design Indecision

Looking forward to the regrets that last a lifetime!
We moved and priced out a 20x40 and 24x40. We decided to wait a year for the dust to settle but 3 months later realized it might be now or never with the shortages getting worse on the horizon. The 20x40 went up to what the 24x40 cost in just a couple months and promptly broke the budget. I cannot look at the pool without seeing the imaginary 4x20 lane that I both paid for, and didn't get. :brickwall:

Even when everything is perfect, there is always something. It's human nature.

new pool will be Gunite.
Old pool is a Gunite installed inside a 20x40 vinyl pool. We drilled the walls the other day and hit the old metal wall. Old pool is about 6 feet of usable shallow end. It’s 30yrs old and about 4 inches thick all around so ultimately decided best to replace.

View attachment 533363

Is that synthetic grass around the pool?

Pffffffft. Don't you think for ONE second that you aren't going to coulda-woulda-shoulda until the end of time. :ROFLMAO:

It's par for the course.

I’m continually doing that with thinking we should have went 20’ wide instead of 18’ and 40’ long instead of 36.

I wanted to have a wide enough space between the house and edge of pool so we went 18’.
I now see we could have went 20’ wide and easily still had at least 4-5’ of walkway space.

Same thing with the length, easily could have gone 4’ longer and still had at least 8’ to the fence from behind the diving board.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.