Depth of pea gravel?

Dynastol

Jun 23, 2023
Los Angeles
I'm working on the pool base for my 12'x24' above ground pool. I was thinking of using pea gravel to level the ground and to put the pool on top of. I know that mason sand is recommended to be 3" deep - how deep would you recommend pea gravel to be? I read somewhere 4" but that would get pretty costly - the frame I built is 18' by 27'...

I decided to go with Mason Sand instead - the gravel would have gotten a little pricey.
It's getting delivered today, and I'll put down the weed barrier right now. I'm debating if I should ask them to dump the sand inside the frame I built so I just have to spread it out from there, or if it is better to have them dump the sand outside of the frame and to then shovel it in shovel buy shovel to have better control. How do people usually do this?

How do people usually do this?
I suspect it depends on access to the area, time available, and other factors unique to each owner. If the pad site is fully prepped and ready for the sand, dumping it directly inside the frame would probably save some work on your back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.