Deck extension help or advice needed for new AGP

Forgot to mention, the entire deck except framing is PVC.
Also I managed to redo my pool steps railing this summer. We purchased the stairs brand new from the pool store. When I assembled the railings they were terrible! Cheap thin plastic and not stable at all. Big design flaw for sure.
So I created new railing from stratch and incorporated a mount design that allowes me to remove the stairs and not have holes in my new deck!! I used the joist below for mounting.

28coild.jpg

4r3ukz.jpg

I really love your back yard view into the woods! I wish I had that!

Yes, that set up is amazing!

I think we have the same steps, and you are right - those railings are terrible. We put our steps in last year and fought with it all summer. This summer I would like to do what you did with yours. A couple of questions - how did you do the modifications with the part of the rail that goes into the steps in the pool - did you replace that entire portion of plastic? Do you recall the width of PVC piping?

Any tips/pics you have are much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.