Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Anyone have a guess as to the manufacturer of these deck drains could be? I spent the past weekend cleaning them out. Obviously hadn’t been done in many years and I still have a tree root to try to remove.

My major project this summer will be getting these actually draining somewhere and correcting the stupidity of a “non-drain system” put in by the prior homeowner.

Not exactly sure how I’m going connect to the deck drain yet or run pipe but thinking on it. Opinions and ideas are more than welcome. Busting up large portions of the concrete deck is not an option but knocking some out of that corner is likely to happen.

Attachments

• 977A724A-98F7-441E-8AF4-E3290D8A6960.jpeg
    977A724A-98F7-441E-8AF4-E3290D8A6960.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 71DFB46B-3B30-4260-B756-706FEC687316.jpeg
    71DFB46B-3B30-4260-B756-706FEC687316.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 19
  • C01E3B06-6ACE-4622-A2D6-021A7EBA86F5.jpeg
    C01E3B06-6ACE-4622-A2D6-021A7EBA86F5.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 19
Anyone have a guess as to the manufacturer of these deck drains could be? I spent the past weekend cleaning them out. Obviously hadn’t been done in many years and I still have a tree root to try to remove.

My major project this summer will be getting these actually draining somewhere and correcting the stupidity of a “non-drain system” put in by the prior homeowner.

Not exactly sure how I’m going connect to the deck drain yet or run pipe but thinking on it. Opinions and ideas are more than welcome. Busting up large portions of the concrete deck is not an option but knocking some out of that corner is likely to happen.
I had a similar one in my deck that couldn’t be cleaned easily. One portion was just dead ended into buried dirt. I replaced it with a slightly wider drain with a removable cover. A concrete saw can be used to cut the old one out without tearing up the whole thing if you decide to go that way.

I had a similar one in my deck that couldn’t be cleaned easily. One portion was just dead ended into buried dirt. I replaced it with a slightly wider drain with a removable cover. A concrete saw can be used to cut the old one out without tearing up the whole thing if you decide to go that way.

Nine hours, six deck drain janitors, an icepick, a flat screwdriver and a pressure washer got mine cleaned out and working again. They were completely packed.

Replacing these would be a major project and expense that I just can't afford for the foreseeable future. The drain runs under the wooden siding on the garage. While the siding (at a bare minimum) needs to be replaced anyway, I'd have to cut out at least 40 linear feet of concrete to replace just that section of the drain.

I also need to get any rain water moving away from the garage foundation. I've done a huge amount of digging and have a plan to drain down hill towards the creek at the back of the property. I just need to get some fittings to hook into the deck drain.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.