Debris catcher for custom manual vac system

ChrisLPC

In The Industry
Jul 11, 2023
Ohio
I have made a vac system out of a pump and filter. It’s a small Hayward 500vsp and I find I am cleaning the pump basket out quite a bit. I do pool cleaning right after concrete and it’s always a mess. Backfill, concrete, sometimes broken pool form bits. I was thinking a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and some pool return fittings. Maybe go up high on the bucket so stuff can fall in.

Maybe go up high on the bucket so stuff can fall in.
I think debris would be stirred up real good and find its way out eventually. Or a couple pieces if debris clog the 'exhaust' and you're right back to square one.

Maybe a half or 3/4 fill with poly fill would tie up any debris but still allow lots of flow through the bucket ?

It might be easier to go after the heavy stuff first (With or without a 5 gallon filter bucket) providong you can see bottom. That way you're not stopping at inconvenient times because the pump basket is full.

Full might be too restrictive and the debris might clog up at the inlet. But if there was some room for crud to get tied up in the polyfill yet still allow plenty of flow around the crud, it might kill both birds.

Reactions: ChrisLPC
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.