Debbie-new pool owner 15

You can and should test your tap water just to get a fill of the test. Do not bother testing the CYA as there not be any.

Have you bought any CYA/Stabilizer yet? That and bleach are things you can and should go ahead and buy as you will need them right away!

Kim

I just tested my hose water. There's really no reading on the chlorine/bromine side and pH is off the chart high. That's all I've tested so far. Pool still isn't installed. Now I'm told they'll "get started" this afternoon.

Debbie test time! So your PH is HIGH. What do you do to lower it????? Hint........go to the table of contents on the home page on the left hand side. The answer is in there. (Recommended __________)

Kim

Okay, so I believe adding the bleach and the stabilizer will bring down the PH. To be on the safe side, I should get some muriatic acid to have on hand. LOL...right?

OH so close! The bleach will take your FC up. The Stabilizer will take your CYA up and push your PH down a little.

The muriatic acid is the main thing used to lower PH.

Here is the link I was thinking about.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

You are learning SO much! When you get your pool up it will be NO trouble for you!

Kim

Okay, pool finally installed today. We have 2 hoses going so our guess is that it will be full in about 24 hours. Do I add bleach this evening or not until the pool is full?

You should get the pool mostly filled first, say like 80%, then add the bleach. You don't want to create a concentrated bleach bath and fade the liner. Also, you want to get stabilizer (CYA) in there along with your bleach. Then, after you get your FC up to your target level, you can start messing with pH and TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice pool!! You're going to love it and your going to love how much money you save using the TFP method. You'll see, just listen to all the people you know with pools and you're going to start hearing all the "oh my pool drains my wallet every year!" or "ugh, my pool is a swamp again!" comments. You'll just be sitting there with a big ole smile on your face, nodding politely and giving them your sympathy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk