Dead Algae not filtering out?

Thanks all. I was getting ready to post the exact same question. The OP's words in everyone of his posts (except the air leak) sound exactly like my situation. The pool is sparking clear but I have the crud he describes on the bottom every morning. We have a lot of iron in our water (well). Back to it I guess....DHS is going the think I'm a terrorist what with all the chlorine I buy. Just to let you know that you're helping more than just the OP.

On edit: just looked at the pix. My crud is not green like his...mine looks more black. It does poof a little.

When you get to the point that you feel you need a professional, you should look at American Leak Detection. They found my leaks. They go in with scuba gear and pressurize each run of pipe. If it fails, I guess they use sound to try to locate the leak. In my case it was a few small leaks between the natural rock coping and the plaster which we fixed with 2 part epoxy ourselves. $400 to locate and $20 to fix. Never could have done it ourselves, it took them 3 visits to find these little spots that were costing me about 900 gallons a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.