Briarcliff Manor, New York
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
High TPF community. I do not have DE blowing through my returns. But I do notice in the morning that there is a little bit of DE on the ground where the wall meets the floor and it's coming out of the skimmers. I assume this is blowback when the pumps turn off some of it's getting back through the skimmers. Does anybody else have this problem?

High TPF community. I do not have DE blowing through my returns. But I do notice in the morning that there is a little bit of DE on the ground where the wall meets the floor and it's coming out of the skimmers. I assume this is blowback when the pumps turn off some of it's getting back through the skimmers. Does anybody else have this problem?
Usually indicates an air leak in the system at or near the filter, or really most anywhere in the system, allowing water to flow backwards through the filter and pump into the pool.

Thanks, I understand. Where do you think the air leak would come from. All unions are tight, everything is tight all around. Never had this issue. And he troubleshooting steps that you could offer? Thanks.

Thanks !! Will clean it out and give it another try and buy this if fails.
On another note, I notice DE settling in floor under skimmers in the morning. Obviously happening after pool shuts off. Any thoughts ?

Thanks !! Will clean it out and give it another try and buy this if fails.
On another note, I notice DE settling in floor under skimmers in the morning. Obviously happening after pool shuts off. Any thoughts ?
DE is flowing backwards, through the pump, into the skimmer housing, falling down the front hole in the skimmer that is attached to the main drain or equalizer line (a port just below the skimmer opening). Air entering the system will allow this to happen. Fix the water leak at the filter and the issue will probably go away.

This stain is stubborn at bottom of my pool. I scratched Vitamin C. No change. I always SLAM my pool to start season. Pool is crystal clear but this stain annoys me. I hesitatePXL_20230601_001502254.jpg to use metal products as the vitamin C did nothing. Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.