New Hampshire, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
The DE Filter pressure changes with pump RPMs, which makes sense. The question is at what RPM should I measure my initial pressure after backwashing?

Currently, my pump is running 20hours at 2000RPM, and 4 hours 3450RPM. (I am still new to the pool, and may need to adjust that).

Last edited:
I always turn my pump high (~2,400 rpm for me) when recharging the DE, so I just look at the gauge after I've added all of the DE and use that as my starting point for clean pressure.

Since it is a % increase in pressure that tells you when you need to backwash, it really shouldn't matter as long as you are consistent in your RPMs when comparing clean vs current pressure.

S,

You have a saltwater pool, so your slowest speed should be whatever turns your cell on, plus a little bit.

I have no spa or heater and run at 1200 RPM, most of the time.

I can't think of any reason that anyone needs to run their pump at full speed.. (3450 RPM)

Thanks,

Jim R.

You can use that rpm. Plan to clean at between 12 and 13 psi.
Your operating rpm can likely be lower.

S,

You have a saltwater pool, so your slowest speed should be whatever turns your cell on, plus a little bit.

I have no spa or heater and run at 1200 RPM, most of the time.

I can't think of any reason that anyone needs to run their pump at full speed.. (3450 RPM)

Thanks,

Jim R.
I have a lot of pines around the pool, and needles are floating on the surface. For some reason at 2000rpm not all needles get to the skimmers. So, I run 4 hours at higher speed to resolve that.

The leaves and needles that sink are picked up by dolphin m600 cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.