Day 13 of SLAM. Am I missing something?

Brush your deep end daily, especially after adding chlorine.

Nice description. I can certainly imagine it more clear. On the good news side, the pool has warmed up so much! Temps will be nice for kids to swim when it's ready!

You are almost there. Clarity is important, but the less over night loss you have is a big indicator of how close. Less the better, and I hope you start seeing that pretty quickly. Keep us posted on that, and don't let the FC residual fall any more than you possibly can. This is crucial for completion. If you slip, and let it stay below SLAM value, you'll lose ground and it will keep lagging on. Doin fine, just stay on it. :goodjob:

I have to leave this pool basically unattended at day 21, so I'm hoping to finish before then. I didn't think it would take three weeks and I have to travel. Fingers crossed I pass OCLT tonight. Pool is looking good and holding FC during the day pretty well.

You are done when:
CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie*overnight FC loss test*shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear.
When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Looks like it. The pics look really good, but you can tell better if you are absolutely Crystal clear. Just remember, if you keep target for your Cya you stay this way. I run target in mine instead of running on the minimum required. It keeps problems at bay, and if I slip up, I have some headroom. My pool stays Crystal clear 99% of the time, and I don't shock weekly or any thing else. In future times, you'll see a little haze come in the water, after a big swim day and low FC, or maybe you miss a couple of days testing. When you do, and find that it snaps right back to Crystal with a little FC addition you'll see that keeping up with FC testing makes all the difference in the world in terms of easy pool care. Remember I told you that. :D

You are done when:
CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie*overnight FC loss test*shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear.
When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Yes, I knew the parameters, I'm just iffy on what crystal clear is for me. Is my ocd showing or what? I want to be sure it's a clear as possible before I stop. I passed OCLT last week and still had some cloudiness. However, it's looking great now. I think I'm ready to add CYA to get to proper salt levels. Yay.

Thanks to everyone! This has been tough as our neighbor had the pool guy just throw in some stuff and they've been clear for weeks, kids even swimming. But I stayed true. I know we will be better off in the long run. Effort now, easy later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it still clear after brushing? That's clear. If you toss a quarter in the pool, can you see it? That's clear. Can you call heads or tails? That's crystal clear. I hope that clarifies things.

Incidentally, once you reach crystal clear and get used to it, you'll probably refuse to get in any other pools. Then you'll know you're a pool snob. :mrgreen:

Exactly! That is the only drawback of maintaining your pool TFP-style. You won't enjoy swimming in OPP, other people's pools. Every other pool is just eewwww. :)

Exactly! That is the only drawback of maintaining your pool TFP-style. You won't enjoy swimming in OPP, other people's pools. Every other pool is just eewwww. :)

This is so true! I think it's why My children's friends were in our pool and not theirs! I know a good pool when I see one. The water better look like glass or I ain't getting in! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.