Damaged Salt Cell - Unsure if Should Replace the Entire Unit

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I have a Nature2 Fusion Soft Salt Cell Generator (FSOFT1400). I don't use the Nature2 portion of the system. It was originally installed by my pool company, and I was pretty clueless at the time. I came out this morning and noticed the cord was smoking where it connects to the top of the salt cell. It actually burned the plastic on the cord. It looks to me like the middle terminal on the salt cell is heavily corroded. I'm guessing that I need to replace both the salt cell and the cord. The unit was installed in 2012 and has worked flawlessly since that time, so I can't complain. My question is whether I should replace the parts or if I should just get a whole new unit. I know technology changes, and I don't know if the one I have has any drawbacks compared to newer models. I appreciate any suggestions!

I'm just curious...did this happen because of a bad connection/arcing due to the corrosion?

IMG_8418.jpgIMG_8419.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

Last edited:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.