Dallas - Preparing for winter months

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
Chlorine - high, 13 PPM. Lowered my SWCG to 50%. Will continue adjusting until I maintain 3-4PPM.

TA - surprisingly this spiked up to 100-110 PPM. Not sure if this is ok?

CYA - sitting at 55 PPM. Should I raise it for winter?

Calcium Hardness - 250PPM. Little low.

pH - 8.2. Putting some MA in there tonight.

How's she looking?

Looks pretty good. Do not add the MA - the pH test is inaccurate with a FC greater than 10.

I would not add CYA.

Calculate how much your SWCG needs to be on to produce about 1 ppm FC per day. Set it there and see if the FC falls. You may have to turn it off for several days to drop the FC.

Do you winterize or leave pool open all year?

Take care.

Looks pretty good. Do not add the MA - the pH test is inaccurate with a FC greater than 10.

I would not add CYA.

Calculate how much your SWCG needs to be on to produce about 1 ppm FC per day. Set it there and see if the FC falls. You may have to turn it off for several days to drop the FC.

Do you winterize or leave pool open all year?

Take care.
Ah blast! I just put in a little bit of MA.

I leave it open all year. I use the spa constantly throughout the colder months.

Thanks for the tips.

gc,

Do you realize that most salt systems will shut down when the water temperature gets in the middle to low 50's ... ?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

I didn't know that! But my pool temp is currently 68 degrees.

Good catch Jim on the SWCG!

I normally shut mine down about November 15 here in the desert. I would suspect you might be a bit sooner than that.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.