Daily CL Loss

az240z

May 1, 2016
Glendale, Az
Last year I would have to add 33-36 oz of chlorine each night to maintain a cl of 7. This year I have to ad 56-63 oz ea morning. Almost double

Took this test at 12:00 today: ++

CL 6.5
CC .5
Ch 500 this down from 600
TA 70
CYA 35
PH 7.2

Should add more stabilizer to increase CYA and hopefully retain more chlorine.

The only difference is that last year I added the CL after 9:00 pm and this year I'm adding it at 6:00 am..

Higher CYA will better protect the FC from the sun, but I would not think the amount used daily should be double. You could run the OCLT to see if something is in the water.

OCLT shows a loss of .5. I did find the problem, pool math showed my chlorine source at 6%, I'm using 12.5% LOL.

Glad you found the error. Sometimes the pool size gets reset and the calculation are based off that instead of my pool size. I always check that now

I am using the 12.5% HASA refillable bottles of 4. I actually have been getting it for $11.99 with the buy 3 get 1 free coupon from HASA. Not losing anything at night, just during the day.

I do think part of my problem is how I'm storing the jugs. I have them in my laundry room that is in seperate non AC room off the back of my house. I notice I need more chlorine the last few jugs than I do the first two. I just got fresh batch today and going to store them inside until I use them now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am using the 12.5% HASA refillable bottles of 4. I actually have been getting it for $11.99 with the buy 3 get 1 free coupon from HASA. Not losing anything at night, just during the day.

I do think part of my problem is how I'm storing the jugs. I have them in my laundry room that is in seperate non AC room off the back of my house. I notice I need more chlorine the last few jugs than I do the first two. I just got fresh batch today and going to store them inside until I use them now.
Where is this coupon you speak of?
Down here they have not started the cards where you buy 7 and get the 8th free this year.
But I like the sound of this coupon

I got it at the store I go to. They had them over Memorial Day weekend, and I grabbed a bunch. It's A&M Corsons but I don't think they have a store in west valley. See if your store honors the buy 3 get 1 free HASA coupons. If so, maybe they can get you on the HASA email list.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.