Cyanuric Acid Levels

If your pool is in full sun and you are still chlorinating with liquid, increase the CYA to at least 50 and don't be surprised if you go slightly higher in the next few weeks to 60-70. Here in my area I would keep mine between 60-70 to protect the FC. If you plan on going salt at some point, it will definitely need to be 70 minimum.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:
Thanks again for all the advice, I had a quick question I can't seem to find the answer or calculations for.
Is there a formula or calculator on how to increase your cya acid overtime using tabs? I decided I already used too many tabs to justify a return (even at Costco).

Thanks again for all the advice, I had a quick question I can't seem to find the answer or calculations for.
Is there a formula or calculator on how to increase your cya acid overtime using tabs? I decided I already used too many tabs to justify a return (even at Costco).
If you bought tabs at Costco, make sure they aren’t the Clorox Xtra Blue tabs. Costco sometimes sells those, and they have copper that you don’t want in your pool! It’s worth a return if they are!

Im in casa grande, Currently running 60 CYA and burning 2 FC per day.
Hi there! I was wondering if you are still burning ~2ppm of FC a day right now.
I'm at 45 CYA , but burning through about ~3 FC and thinking of raising it to ~55, but the amount of chlorine needed is why I hesitate. Just want to see how your pool is doing now that's it's 'almost' summer before I raise it.
Thanks!

Is your CYA reading from your new TFP kit? We measure by the tens. So 45 would be 50, no in betweens. Make sure you are keeping your free chlorine at the higher end of your target, like 8ppm for the CYA 50 range according to the CYA/FC ratio chart. Then you can afford to lose the 2ppm and won’t run into any problems with too little effective chlorine. Raising CYA won’t keep you from loosing 2 ppm of FC a day. That’s normal.

Attachments

• IMG_3119.jpeg
    IMG_3119.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 7
Is your CYA reading from your new TFP kit? We measure by the tens. So 45 would be 50, no in betweens. Make sure you are keeping your free chlorine at the higher end of your target, like 8ppm for the CYA 50 range according to the CYA/FC ratio chart. Then you can afford to lose the 2ppm and won’t run into any problems with too little effective chlorine. Raising CYA won’t keep you from loosing 2 ppm of FC a day. That’s normal.
Gotcha...I'm using a Taylor K-2006c test kit. It measures in increments of 10 but near the top the spacing is much larger, and the dot disappears right between 40-50, so I said 45.
I'm losing 3+ ppm chlorine a day, so 2ppm would be fantastic. I'll raise it up and see how much I lose per day versus. Thanks

Reactions: JodieM
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.