So, if you haven't tested this season and gotten something in the 40-50 range, it's very possible. My CYA disappears every single winter and I have to add CYA to get it to the proper level.

It will be my first time adding it since I've become a member here. So I was a little cautious on how much to add. I typically add less then what the pool calculator says just to see where I'm at

That's a good approach, but remember that CYA can take a few days before it shows up on the test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm just stuck because of the refill I ordered from amazon. I don't want to think I got bad product because my chorine refill I bought is right on the spot but the 3 pools I have tested including mine is zero. One is green because of poor closing, the other just got put in a few days ago and nothing was added but shock which I've brought them to trouble free and the other is mine which I have refilled. So parts of me are telling me the refil is absolutely fine and I just have to add conditioner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.