CYA...........ugh

wjaneala

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2015
Cullman, AL
I've now put in two 4-lb. bottles of stabilizer...one a couple of weeks ago that I did through the skimmer....tested and my CYA was 0. The next I put in a knee-high and hung in front of a return. I squeezed it, too, helping it disperse. Just tested by CYA, a week later, and it's still 0. On my second knee-high now.

Any ideas as to why the CYA is not showing up? I'm using the TF-100.

FC: 0 (just added)
CC: 0
pH: 7.5
TA: 90

8 lbs of CYA in your size pool gets you to just under 30 ppm CYA. The first 4 # was added into the skimmer. Did you back wash any time during the week after you added that? So not all of it is likely in the pool.

I would suggest that you have not added enough to test for. Is the sample cloudy at all when you fill the vial to the top?

Wendy,

Two 4- lb. bottles of stabilizer will increase the CYA by about 27 ppm in a 36K pool...

And if you added though the skimmer and then back washed you could have flushed the first dose..

It often takes a couple of days for the CYA to show up on our tests...

Thanks,

Jim R.

8 lbs of CYA in your size pool gets you to just under 30 ppm CYA. The first 4 # was added into the skimmer. Did you back wash any time during the week after you added that? So not all of it is likely in the pool.

I would suggest that you have not added enough to test for. Is the sample cloudy at all when you fill the vial to the top?

No, I didn't backwash that week after the first 4#. No, the sample is not cloudy at all. Clear as a bell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.