CYA- the black do that is supposed to disappear...

May 1, 2018
Lake Charles, LA
So, We got our chlorine up, ph is coming down, I "think". It looks closer to the 7.8, but kind of hard to tell. TA still at 180 (how do I bring that down?) Just added more MA and will test again later. We have had our pump and SWG going 24/7 to get the chlorine up b/c it was almost 0. Could that be keeping the ph up as well?
Amazon Drive

The cya is definitely coming up, b/c the test 2 days ago was completely clear filled to the top of the test tube. My question is... how much should this dot disappear? completely? mostly? I will share a pic at 30ppm and at 20ppm. Both show the black dot, but it almost disappears at 20ppm (I can see it in person, but hard to see in the pic). Note that the cya solid has not completely dissolved yet in the skimmer. Added 8 lbs total.

Filled to 30ppm line
Amazon Drive

Filled to 20ppm line
Amazon Drive

Jen

SWG running will drive the pH up.
How to Lower Total Alkalinity ... although your could just focus on keeping the pH in range.

Dot should be completely gone. Test best done outside with bright indirect sunlight (sun to your back) with the vial held at waist level with 2 fingers at the top of the tube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.