CYA Test and TF-100 - what volumes of liquids

steve_h

Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
Over the years I have been through several of the little squeezy bottles in the TF-100 for CYA testing.
I have been careful to transfer any marks to the newest bottle.
I still always feel that the CYA test is subjective and want to, at least, start off right.
"Fill to the line" seems arbitrary.

What are the volumes of pool water and R-0013 which should be used for the CYA Test?
The TF-100 comes with a graduated cylinder and other measuring devices (clean syringes) can be found.

Thanks

I still always feel that the CYA test is subjective and want to, at least, start off right.
"Fill to the line" seems arbitrary.
You need a 50/50 mix of sample water and reagent. If you find you always have leftover sample mix, and you had a way to use 3 or 4 ml of each, say with a syringe, you could make your own custom batch.

I just measured and the new tube that comes with the TF pro needs 10ml VS 30ml for the old TF100 tube. R-0013 is cheap and all, but 1/3 the supplies is 1/3 the supplies. See if you can order one.

20230421_161040.jpg

*the googley eye still laughs at me no matter which tube I use.

full

• Wow
Reactions: steve_h and Newdude
I have this and it is REALLY nice. I agree with the people who like the hard case on the k2006 or tackle boxes, when it is stacked with other things, but my test kit is pampered atop the closet shelf by herself.

Reactions: IceShadow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.