cya is 90, have to replace 50% of pool water?

The "packets" you were using, what exactly are they. What brand, what's on the label ??
As said before they are the likely reason you CYA jumped up but you can always use them up sparingly as you will lose a little CYA here and there from backwashing and splash out and refilling. So they aren't all bad they just shouldn't be your primary chlorine source or it will shoot the CYA through the roof.
Good that you caught it early.
How is your water looking ?

trying to save a few bucks is going to cost me a fortune :hammer:

Bought sump pump and pumped out water. when I came home from running errands half the pool water was out but the liner was coming up from sides and some of the bottom. I am filling it back up with water now. If the liner doesn't go back into place I guess I have to call a pool guy to come fix this mess somehow. Before emptying the water my wife called the pool company and they said they could bring the CYA down without pumping out water and warned her not to pump out water....I told her they just wanted to make money selling chemicals or something....now my liner is coming out of place and my wife says she warned me not to. We have an underground water pump thing that came with the house but I think its broken.

Also I noticed there is a line of white on the bottom of my liner near the steps and it won't come up! It looks like the little solid rocks of chlorine but it doesn't make sense because I always put it in the deep end and its weird how its in a perfectly straight line???? what is this??? Liner is only 1 year old when I bought the house we made the seller put a new one in he paid the pool company $4,000 to do so. I am going to have to live with it I am not rich and hoped this liner would last me 20 years. I'll take a picture and post it.

Any recommendations on the best/cheapest LED pool light? I would like to order one so when the pool guy comes he can install it. One that can change colors would be a plus but not a must have. thanks!

being too busy to closely monitor the pool and trying to save money screwed me lol. When we bought the house my wife promised she would take care of the pool but that hasn't happened. :brickwall:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.