CYA extremely low- how to questions

Hi everyone tracking my first SLAM - I was able to work from home and be vigilant today.

• 7:00 am, the pool tested at 12 FC… (clearly I put too much chlorine last night ?)
  • 3pm I did both tests and got a 8.5 FC and .5 CC—-I dosed to target 12 again
  • 6:30 it was at 10 FC — Dosed to 12 again
Any way that you can test and replace more often? At your pace, it make take a number of days...

From the SLAM process...
Test and adjust chlorine levels as frequently as practical, but not more than once per hour, and not less than twice a day. Chlorine additions should be frequent, especially at the beginning. Algae and other organic debris will consume chlorine very rapidly at first.

How do you trust the chemicals sitting on the store shelf? I thought maybe that was the issue.
Only use recommended chemicals and you should be A ok...most recommended chemicals are simple.

Us liquid chlorine for FC. If you must use bleach, no softeners, no splashless, no fragrances, NADA.

Some have some problems with certain brands of Calcium Chloride and Salt, but if you search for the brand name and SDS online, you can check purity.

i.e. you can find "Snow Joe" calcium chloride in your store. Search google for "Snow Joe Calcium Chloride SDS" It should show all the ingredients.

How do you trust the chemicals sitting on the store shelf? I thought maybe that was the issue.
Just re-read this. If you mean on the pool store shelves? Most are actually good. It is just the price. pH up for example is just baking soda which you can get for cheap at Wally World. Muriatic and liquid chlorine is cheaper in the big box stores, so is salt. The only thing I buy in the pool store is calcium chloride, as they carry dowflake which is very pure, and not much more expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.