Fc - 5
CC - 0
TC - 5
PH 8.2
CYA - 40
TA - 120
CH - 200
Salt - 4000

I see that I need to adjust a few things. Any recommendations on which I should do first? I am pretty sure you are not supposed to try to do multiple things at once since some of it can affect other test results.
Thaks

First, how are you testing?

Everything looks fine, except I would lower your pH and keep it in the 7s. Use muriatic acid to reduce your pH. Do you have pool math? Link-->PoolMath It can help you decide how much muratic to add to reduce your pH.

Your CH is bit low, but not exceedingly. Can you test the CH of your fill water before we make a recommendation? Do you have an autofill?

Finally, you want to raise your CYA. With the SWCG, 60-80 is a good target. I happen to use 70 and it works fine for me.

I am pretty sure you are not supposed to try to do multiple things at once since some of it can affect other test results.
Yes and no, depends on what you are adjusting and the chemicals you are using to make the adjustment. You can add your muriatic now, and get your chlorine stabilizer in a sock in front of a return. After you check the CH of your fill water, we can help with that.

Last edited:
What test kit(s) are you using? Add it to your signature.
While you are there, update your SWG - Circupool has an RJ45+ and an RJ60+, no RJ65+.

How confident are you in the salt test result?
Are you using a SpeedStir for the test?
That's on the high end of the range recommended by Circupool.

I have updated it, yes it is the RJ60+
I used the K-1766 stir test to get that. The swg shows average 3300 if I hit the salinity button but shows 0000ppm in the menu. Before in the menu it was showing 3500 I think. My first test with the stir showed 3800 and the second test seemed closer to 4000.

Last edited:
The speed/smart stir gives you far more consistent results, especially on high drop amount tests, like salt and calcium. Trust that over swirling any day over the week.

Fill the vial to the sample level. Drop the 'pill' in. Turn it on (and leave it on). Add appropriate drops while it spins.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.