curious filter question

It can, but not really practical. A variation of this question is asked once or twice a pool season and the only reason that woul dmake it worth while is if you already owned all the equipment and just wanted to use it.

Now, previously the question is asked by an Intex (or similar) owner and they are talking about two filters and two pumps. Just adding a DE after a sand filter may be a problem fo your existing pump to handle.

I guess what I'm saying is that it is seldom (if ever) done. You generally want a smaller pump than you think you need and a larger filter. Buy one filter that is adequate for your pool and be done with it.

Use the search feature and pu in "two filters" and you will see lots of discussion through the years.

I agree with tim.... i put a similar question
To inyopools and they said its all about microns... it is possible to do 2 filters.. but double the work... cut a long story short.... even with 2 filters you are only filtering down to whichever filter does the smallest microns... so if you have DE filter... stick with that coz thats the smallest micron you can go...

Thanks! Like I said I was just curious. I guess I didn't search the right words. I have a sand filter and add de to it, but it's kind of a pain in the rear to do. I'll keep on doing what I'm doing.
Unless you are having problems you really don't need to add DE every-time you backwash. The problem most folks have with sand filters is that they backwash too often. You should always backwash on pressure rather than time. When you backwash note the "clean" pressure. Do not backwash until the pressure has risen 25% over clean. A slightly "dirty" sand filter filters better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.