Rockledge, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi folks. For the past year or little more we have been noticing water loss that was more than normal. When contacted the pool builder because our pool was only 2 years old. They said it was due to a leak where the skimmer was and they fixed it up. When we got in the pool last summer we saw a 4’ crack in the pebble surface. We spent the next 6 months or so arguing with the pool builder that the crack was not superficial. Fast forward to last week and we got confirmation that the crack was indeed all the way through the shell. The company that put the pebble finish on came out and removed two tiles and you can see the crack through the shell. They had to drain water out and now the water is 3 inches or so below the skimmer. My question is how do I prevent this from turning into a swampy mess. I’m not trying to go swimming in it, just don’t want a mosquito breeding ground in my back yard. What are my options?

I also have so many questions about what an acceptable fix would be but will educate myself on that another time.

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    787.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7600.jpeg
    IMG_7600.jpeg
    694.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7602.jpeg
    IMG_7602.jpeg
    565.1 KB · Views: 17
Pour 5ppm of liquid chlorine in daily and stir the water with your pool brush.

You can also setup a submersible pump on one end of the pool with the hose on the other end of the pool to circulate the water while you skimmers are shutdown.

Do you have a main drain on the floor of your pool?

Yes, we have two drains at the floor of the pool. I bought a floating dispenser and put two pucks in it hoping it would help. I’m not sure it will do anything.

Yes, we have two drains at the floor of the pool.

Can your pool pump and filter run with just suction from the main drain?

I bought a floating dispenser and put two pucks in it hoping it would help. I’m not sure it will do anything.

You don't know how much chlorine is tactfully getting into the pool when using tablets. Using liquid chlorine will be much more reliable to keep your chlorine level up and algae away.

Im pretty sure it can. I never thought of that. Feel like an idiot. I’ll mess with it and see what happens. I also have a robot I can drop in to keep the leaves and stuff off the bottom.

Im pretty sure it can. I never thought of that. Feel like an idiot. I’ll mess with it and see what happens. I also have a robot I can drop in to keep the leaves and stuff off the bottom.
People here say you don’t need a main drain and your situation shows where it can be very helpful.