Crack near bottom of pool

JasonLion said:
You have two choices for taking care of the pool, you can either keep it filled up and maintain the chemistry as best you can with constant water replacement, or you can let it go until the repairs happen. The challenge with letting it go is that it is more difficult for repair people to see what is wrong and make estimates of how much work will be involved. I'd keep it full.

Meantime, you either need to figure out who built the pool, or get a couple of companies out to do estimates for repairs, or start in on a major do it yourself project.

I firgured out who built the pool. Is it ok to pour clorox in a fiberglass pool? And will this damage the compound used to fix leak?

You can pour bleach directly into the pool as long as you pour slowly in front of a return jet while the pump is running. Or, if you can't run the pump, you need to pour the bleach slowly around the perimeter of the pool and then brush the entire pool or do something similar to make sure the bleach is throughly mixed in. It won't damage the leak patch as long as it is throughly mixed in.

It all depends on where you live. In Maryland we rarely need to add water to the pool. The humidity stops most evaporation and rain replaces most of the splash out. In Arizona, people need to add water to their pool frequently. There, low humidity means lots of evaporation and frequent topping off. I would expect Florida to be more like Maryland than Arizona, though you might have fairly low humidity this time of year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.