crabboy's build

A lot has happened since my last post. The Sunday of the 2nd when the pool guys were supposed to show up and finish, they did show up, but only did about an hours worth of work. I was pretty steamed, but didn't say anything to the guys since it was a Sunday on a holiday weekend. Well Tuesday came and I went to visit the PB owner at his office only to find out that he was on vacation. Grrr.. Make a long story short I ended up meeting with him at my house later Tuesday evening, we went over everything that was left and he jotted everything down in a notebook. (first time I've seen a piece of paper on the jobsite) He said everything would be done by Saturday. The next two days the guys showed up and finished just about everything. Finished grading, finished the slide, added drainage, the works. I'm a happy camper now.

No sooner than the PB was done, I ordered up my sod and my sprinkler parts. My dad and I spent the weekend of the 8th including Monday, adding the sprinklers and sod. I rented a Dingo with a trencher, bucket, Harley rake and forks. It is a very nice machine and came in very handy. It had no problem on the steep hill and the Harley rake did a great job digging up what grass was left and preparing the soil. Trenching was very tough though, the soil was so dry and compacted it took forever to get through it, rocks bricks, you name it came up while trenching. Much of my sprinkler plan went out the window when the trenches didn't follow the plan, oh well, just and extra few trips to Home Depot. I owe my dad a big one for stopping me before trenching through my Pool pump pipes, I don't know what the heck I was thinking about when was was chugging along there. Whew... There was a lot of digging by hand around the pool pipes and the utility wires/pipes. I'm just so sick of digging.

Believe it or not, laying the 10 pallets of sod was much easier than the sprinklers. The Dingo came in handy again to move the pallets around the yard instead of relying the wheel barrel. The machine was not heavy enough to pickup the entire pallet, so the fist third had to be moved to an empty pallet first and then the Dingo could pick it up.

Now we are in the process of landscaping the pool area. We started this past weekend, but didn't get as far as I wanted to. I need to move some dirt (ahh, don't say that word) around the hill to even it out before I can tackle the back half. The pool slide is about done.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I take some. :) I've been so preoccupied that I have not been taking pictures, yes very unusual for me. I asked my wife to take LOTS of pictures last weekend while we were working and she took about 4. Had I been behind the camera, it'd be more like 40, but oh well, better off not remembering that weekend anyway.

10 pallets :shock: I thought I was going to die after 2 pallets.

Yup, I ordered 12, but only 10 showed up. Turned out that 10 was just about perfect. They delivered it early Saturday morning , about 6:30 or so, so I was not there to confirm the order. My lucky day. I used the trapezoidal rule of sorts to approximate the area around the curvy pool, but i guess something went way wrong. :?

The pool is about 98% done now. The PB is done, I'm just waiting on the final inspection. I have a few railings left to finish on the deck and a few things with the sprinklers.

Here are some older picks when the pool was warmer and a couple from last week with the landscaping almost complete:

Kids on the slide:
normal_IMG_1559.jpg

normal_IMG_1526.jpg

Last week:
normal_IMG_1634.jpg

normal_IMG_1644.jpg

normal_IMG_1631.jpg

I'll get a shot of the entire pool from the top soon and add it.

dang i want a slide, and a nicer pool, can someone lend me 50K to replace my pool and make my yard somthing other that a mud hole with a expensive bird bath. LOL :lol: :lol:

pool looks great, wanna trade :-D

Oh my! Look at that slide. Awesome!

I like the way you did the landscape around the slide. Very natural.

My slope behind my pool is similar to yours. They will need to backfill similarly. I like the way you landscaped the slope.

What color PSheen is that?

hey crabboy...looks great. We are real happy with the Aqua Blue Pebble...thanks for your input earlier on.

Your landscaping around the slide looks great. Looks like the pool is getting some good use before the cool weather moves in! Enjoy it as long as you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.