PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi, we just recently built our pool and about to get it closed. We live in PA. Our pool contractor will be giving us an official estimate soon but he gave me a ballpark figure of 8-9k. I thought this was quite steep so I got another estimate. The rep from Coverlon quoted my $5200. This has to be custom made because it’s a Freeform pool with a raised spa.Anyone have any other ideas or have experience with Coverlon covers?

Last edited:
We need more details. The brand, style and size for example. Pics too.

For a large, custom, solid, premium brand cover, $8k to $9k installed isn't outrageous.

For a small mesh from a budget brand, $5200 is outrageous.

I don't recall ever hearing about Coverlon. Their website says they've been innovating covers since 1990 with the latest technologies, so maybe they're legit. Or maybe not. Hang tight and maybe somebody has experiences one way or the other.

For a large, custom, solid, premium brand cover, $8k to $9k installed isn't outrageous.

I don't recall ever hearing about Coverlon. Their website says they've been innovating covers since 1990 with the latest technologies, so maybe they're legit. Or maybe not. Hang tight and maybe somebody has experiences one way or the other.
Thanks for those thoughts. The other manufacturers he stated was anchor.
I’ll attach a picture of the pool. I’ll also get more information when he gives me the official estimate.
IMG_6251.jpegIMG_6258.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our pool build (2004) included a Coverlon mesh safety cover. I don’t remember it being priced separately in the contract, so I don’t know what it cost us in 2004 nor what a fair price would be today. It was made to fit our pool shape; Grecian Lazy L.

IMG_2043.jpeg

It is still in great shape. That said, after several years I started covering the mesh cover with a solid tarp style cover at closing to make spring cleanup MUCH easier. I’m sure the solid tarp is also protecting the mesh cover from UV light, extending the life of the mesh cover.

Personally, I wouldn’t have any particular reservations about buying a Coverlon cover again.

EDIT: I looked at our original paperwork and it appears we paid $1500 (installed) for our mesh cover. My how prices have skyrocketed since then! 😲

Last edited:
What anchors will they use?

Are they going to hammerdrill or core drill?

A hammerdrill will probably crack and chip your pavers as they look brittle.

What pavers do you have?

How thick are they?

img_6251-jpeg.539456

What anchors will they use?

Are they going to hammerdrill or core drill?

A hammerdrill will probably crack and chip your pavers as they look brittle.

What pavers do you have?

How thick are they?

img_6251-jpeg.539456
Anchors are the brass ones that are 10 inch long. I believe they will coredrill but will need to confirm that. I have Nicolock pavers that are 2 3/8” thick.

Our pool build (2004) included a Coverlon mesh safety cover. I don’t remember it being priced separately in the contract, so I don’t know what it cost us in 2004 nor what a fair price would be today. It was made to fit our pool shape; Grecian Lazy L.

View attachment 539455

It is still in great shape. That said, after several years I started covering the mesh cover with a solid tarp style cover at closing to make spring cleanup MUCH easier. I’m sure the solid tarp is also protecting the mesh cover from UV light, extending the life of the mesh cover.

Personally, I wouldn’t have any particular reservations about buying a Coverlon cover again.

EDIT: I looked at our original paperwork and it appears we paid $1500 (installed) for our mesh cover. My how prices have skyrocketed since then! 😲
Thank you for the information

Reactions: Saturn94

Merlin Pool Cover
Solid or Smart mesh for a custom free form pool (40X28, approx) $6800
To add spa cover (Deluxe - $1500, Ultra- $2200)
Coverlon Pool Covers
Solid - $5575
Supermesh - $5175
Add spa cover - $1000

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.