Cover Pools Cover breaker tripping, will not turn on

dchap

Jul 28, 2023
Cincinnati, OH
I have a Cover Pools, surface mounted cover. One of my children sprayed water into a lamp that is connected to the same circuit as the pool cover, which tripped the breaker initially.

I corrected said child, removed lamp to let everything dry out and then reinstalled. Breaker still wouldn't turn back on (I'm getting the "two clicks" and it won't flip.)

I tested the breaker not plugged in (GFI/Trigger style), the breaker still holds firmly without power, no issues there.

Realized that the lamp is actually on it's own switch, and with switch off to that and pool light (on same circuit), I am still getting no power to pool cover, etc because breaker will not stay in "on" position due to some kind of short. I've now narrowed it down that it must be the pool cover.

There are some leaves, some moisture, etc. in the pool cover that could be part of my issue. Once the rain lets up here in Ohio I plan on cleaning it out real well, but I don't know where the short could be in the pool cover.

pic 1: side one with spider resident, ground wires?
pic 2: side with motor, spider residents, ground wires?

Attachments

• IMG_7307.jpeg
    IMG_7307.jpeg
    775.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7306.jpeg
    IMG_7306.jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 8
Show us pics of this breaker that is tripping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.