Silver Supporter
May 30, 2020
Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Took the cover off today and pool had a ton of worms and dirt (from said worms). Started scooping them out and had 1/2 a bucket. The robot is running to help but the water is really cloudy. Ran the tests and FC is at 4 and CC is zero. Water temp is 50*.
I’m thinking the cloudiness is due to the worms, dirt, and decomposing worms and not algae. I’ll do an OCLT to confirm.

Should I bump up LC anyway? It’s at the low end of acceptable. Pics are from immediately after taking cover off - it’s gotten cloudier after brushing, scooping and running robot.

Attachments

• 758D899C-3611-4D64-B0C4-B669EE163E3B.jpeg
    758D899C-3611-4D64-B0C4-B669EE163E3B.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 23
  • A4459B50-99FF-4A43-ADBA-DD7318DA0D1B.jpeg
    A4459B50-99FF-4A43-ADBA-DD7318DA0D1B.jpeg
    673.3 KB · Views: 23
Bringing your FC up a few PPM can not hurt.

Give your filter a few days to do its work on the cloudy water.

I’m thinking the cloudiness is due to the worms, dirt, and decomposing worms and not algae. I’ll do an OCLT to confirm.
This right here is what I love to see. Any member knows already. There is no need to come and ask us. Come *tell* us why you feel you should OCLT. We will agree everytime. Even if we don't think the same, just to rule out the possibility, we will agree to OCLT.

Go ahead OP, it's free and it ain't gonna hurt nothing.

Nice job V. :)
Should I bump up LC anyway? It’s at the low end of acceptable.
Low end of target range is minimum IMO. Actual minimum is lava.

How was the water before you touched the bottom ? Was the muck crystal clear and now it's cloudy or was it cloudy all along ?

Got sidetracked on doing the OCLT but did it last night and this morning with a loss of .5 (6.5 to 6.0) and CC of .5 both times. (y)

I don't have the pump and lines running yet because we're still in a freeze risk here but I've been running the robot, brushing, skimming, adding LC as needed and stirring with the brush and net. The worms are all out of the pool now, well at least until today when we're getting more rain.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.