Could I use an Aquabot Rover or even Junior in my unground pool?

Alex_H

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 21, 2015
Hollywood, FL
I have a smallish pool, 11000 gallons including spa, about 10000 on main pool. Just installed a SWCG and would like to simplify leaf removal.

When we installed our pool the main drains had just switched to grates so our floor system blows the leaves fine but they either get stuck at the main drain or in the 10% of the pool that is right between jets.

A little taking before use and pool is fine, but before company we end up vacuuming which is a PITA (15 min to vacuum, but 30 min to setup and clean).

I have contemplated a robots for these times but it increasing sends me down a rabbit hole.

I don’t care if it cleans wall. It doesn’t need to clean stairs. It just needs to suck up leaves and dirt.

can I get away with the Rover Junior or will it not work above ground?

It might have a little difficulty managing the climb out of the deep end. The Pool Rover Jr is made for flat bottomed pools. They make an Aquabot for inground pools. I tried to locate specs on the motor size for the two units to see if there was any difference but I couldn't find anything other than they both move 70 gallons of water per minute.

Gotcha. Mo pool goes from 3' to 4.5' (in the middle), at 1 ft/7 ft drop. I doubt it would matter, but I'll see if the cost for the non-junior is reasonable.

I'm pretty sure it would handle it, but that's definitely a reason to spend a few bucks. Thanks @zea3!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.