Correcting High Chlorine & Low PH

Having drained down to just below the skimmer frame and refilled - I still have the CYA at 7/16" below 100. So I did 50/50 tap/pool water and get 94. My chlorine today, the basic test, is just orange and not dark and did not turn that dark instantly as it had been. Ph is at 76. Still must dump and replace more water I reckon. In ALL my years of caring for an above ground pool (the first one was 18k, 18 x 33 - not as deep) I have NEVER run into this before :-(

Hi Butterfly, Today our FC is 5ppm, but the CYA (although steadily coming down) is still high at barely under 100 (1/16 in. below that mark). We have had hot, humid, mostly sunny, and Windy days - circulating pool water 12 hrs overnight and people swimming couple hours each day. Having already exchanged 3/4 of the 22k water, sure hate to think of dumping more (and to see our next water bill) :-\

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.