Correct part number for Pentair 522472 acid pump

Vegas Mike

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Have a Pentair IntelliChem installed March 2020, part 522621, that includes the tank-mounted peristaltic pump -- the "Blue" pump. Documentation shows the peristaltic tubing is Pentair 522480 (which was also labeled Stenner UCCP202 #2 Pump Tube). But this tube is 6.25" between the black fittings, and looks too long to fit in the pump. Anyone have a reference for the correct part number?

Still communicating with Pentair Tech Support, who is insisting the Stenner #2 tube is correct even though it is 2" too long ("Did you try installing the tube regardless of the size difference to see if it works?" OMG). The Pentair 522378 Repair Kit includes the correct, but unmarked, tube. The kit is $90 and I don't want to replace the roller assembly and cover that are included in the kit every year. From Stenner they indicated tube part number EC30C, but I'll need to buy some to see if it really is correct.

Stenner confirmed their part EC30C-x as the correct one for my Pentair tank-mounted acid pump, and the one that works with the Pentair pH controller. The suffix letter C indicates the OD, ID, Santoprene material, and psi capability expected by the Pentair pH controller, so parts with other suffixes are not compatible. The -x is my shorthand for quantity in the package: -2, -5, or -50. Not certain, but the p/n for the Pentair IntellipH "Blue" pump mounted on the acid tank seems to be 522474.

Reactions: cowboycasey
In case anyone finds this post, an update. The roller assembly should be replaced each year with the peristaltic tube. The rollers begin to stick, abrading the tube, and get very noisy. Found the Stenner Econ White Pump Roller Assembly EC350 (US Water SKU: 411-EC350) for $19 each. The Santoprene Econ C Pump Tube costs $16 each from Poolweb.com. At least this is still half the cost of the Pentair 522378 Repair Kit for $95 (lowest I found). Another note: although EC350 is the correct number, the part I received required trimming flashing around the "D" hole to fit the shaft.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.