Jul 8, 2015
Lansdale, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi!

Would someone please remind me the correct order in which to test/adjust levels? I know to make sure my pH is in the appropriate range before I start the SLAM process, but after slam is complete, what should I do next? TA? CH? CYA?

Thank you!

1. Get a sock soaking to increase the CYA to 30. You can always increase it later if needed.
2. Increase the FC to around 5-6 for today.

Consider doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure you don't have excess organics in the water from winter. Even though it's clear it's good to be safe. I would recommend your starting OCLT evening FC test be somewhere in that 6 ppm range.

Everything else looks great. :goodjob:

In case you need it .......

Adding CYA:
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the PoolMath APP into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. After about 30 minutes of soaking, squeeze the sock continuously to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.