Coping Replacement

Oct 28, 2013
Laguna Niguel, CA
I've got a concrete decking, brick coping, and older pebbletech. The pebbltech and tile are in good condition. I'm going to replace the decking with pavers and coping with a precast concrete. My contractor stated that if we repalce the coping, he would have to replace the tile and pebbletech as well.

I know every pool is different, but is it possible to replace the coping without replacing the tile/pebbletech? Thx

I recently got quotes to have JUST the coping replaced in S.E. PA and the pool guys were willing to do it. The thing is my plaster probably only has a few years left and I would be running into salvaging the coping while replacing the tile / surface down the road. I do not know the lifespan of pebbletech, but it may be worth biting the bullet and doing a complete rehab... Long story short, I had a knowledgeable mason come in, carefully remove the coping (he had to level out the bond beam in a few spots) and replace it with new.

I've got a concrete decking, brick coping, and older pebbletech. The pebbltech and tile are in good condition. I'm going to replace the decking with pavers and coping with a precast concrete. My contractor stated that if we repalce the coping, he would have to replace the tile and pebbletech as well.

I know every pool is different, but is it possible to replace the coping without replacing the tile/pebbletech? Thx
We were basically told the same thing. We wanted to go in and do coping after and redon on our pool and we were told they wouldn't be able to guarantee the tile and pebble would be ok and advised us not to risk it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.