Coping and glass versus porcelain tile

Melissa805

Jun 10, 2023
Ventura
Hello I am new to the forum but appreciate the information I have learned thus far. I just poured unite on Thursday. Trying to finalize coping and tile. I am wondering if anyone has used the bellecrete coping and had positive experiences. I have read some information related to moisture issues that seem to be corrected to installation concerns. Has anyone used the Bellecrete modern style either white or light gray? Wondering if there any staining concerns. Would love to hear experiences and / or see pics. Also I love the look of glass but it seems everyone trying to dissuade me from using. Recommendations...

Here is a thread that was started to show off plaster colors. It is also good to show off coping and tile. You can do a search for their build thread using their name if you see one you really like.

Coping-color and kind-each have their issues. So long as you keep any eye on it like you would inside your house and clean it when needed any of then will be fine. Now if you have a tress that drops "berries" I would NOT do any light color and would think about doing pavers that can be removed and replaced as those "berries" can stain big time :(

Glass tile=BLING=LOVE!!! So what are they saying could go wrong with it? Look at the link above and you will see a LOT of glass tiles. What shape is your pool? What size of tile are you thinking of using?

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the responses! My pool is rectangle 18x32 spa and baja within the pool footprint with seamless cover. As I have shopped for tiles, sales personnel have stated that glass has a tendency to pop off. I have decided to use larger tiles for waterline (especially since the track for cover hangs underneath the coping) and glass on top of spa / pool divider and on top of area where the cover comes through. I am now waiting for bellecrete coping. Any other recommendations for coping? I feel like I am getting a run around on the coping eta. I totally agree about glass tile. I think install seems to be crucial for glass tile.

You have hard fill water. If you plan to have glass anywhere it might get wet, be sure you are using softened water for make up water due to evaporation.

The Pentair system works well. If you scan the forum, Pentair is by far the most used. And reliable. And if you are going to do any type of DIY, you do not want Jandy. If you are one that calls an electrician to change a light bulb, then get Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.