Convesion step 8 CC going up?

Yesterday there was no one home to add chlorine and when I returned at 630 pm there was only 1ppm of FC left in pool after being in full sun all day long. I loaded with bleach back up to 15ppm and kept it there every hour until 12:30am. This morning at 6:30 there was FC: 11 and CC: 1.5.. so it looks like I am making slow progress. CYA is still not showing up yet.

When you say you added it as a slurry, do you mean you bought liquid stabilzier/conditioner or do you mean you put the granular stuff in a bucket before adding? Also, where did you pour it? How much exactly (or as close as possible) did you add?

No I haven't backwashed. I am following the conversion directions. I am running fresh sand then I added the cya. I haven't needed to backwash pressure hasn't moved and the pool is crystal clear for over a week. Just waiting for the CC level to drop.

Good News! CC down to .5 this morning!

Yesterday no one was home again during the day to add chlorine. I didn't get to check the pool until about 10:30pm. As expected the FC was 0. I added bleach to get it up to 15 again. I tested again at 12 and I was down to FC: 12 but my CC was 1. I was very surprised. I bumped the FC back to 15 went to bed and at 7 am my FC was back to 12 and my CC was .5 . Needless to say I am very relieved.

I am beginning to think that I messed up by not using the sock method to add the CYA. On Friday/Saturday it will be a week and I still am losing all my chlorine during the day. I didn't get a chance to test CYA yesterday but I will tonight. Thanks to everyone for all the help this is a great resource.

If you added it to the skimmer, and back flushed during the swap, there's a VERY good chance you flushed it out before it broke down into your pool.

Thought I was close to being done but my CC back to1-1.5. Last couple of days I haven't been able to keep FC levels up during the day. I am starting to see some cya bit its not to 30 yet. Got windy yesterday and blew leaves and junk into the pool would that be enough to jump the CC back up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am back to losing about 4ppm overnight, but last night wasn't a really accurate test I didn't check it until about 8am this morning.

Its worse now than before I replaced the sand. Until that point everything was going really well, now the progress has plateaued.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.