Converting to SWG

I see in your signature you list Screen Logic 2. What is the 2 version?

J,

A long time ago the first ScreenLogic came out and was not that great.. The next version was called ScreenLogic2... Anything you buy today will be ScreenLogic2 even if the box is just labeled as ScreenLogic..

If you don't already have it, you want Pentair Bundle P/N 522104, which comes with the Protocol adapter, two wireless units (inside and outside) as well as all the little pieces to put it all together.

Here is a link... Pentair ScreenLogic2 Connection and Wireless Kit

Thanks,

Jim R.

As a reference, I run my pump low speed 24/7. I have a cover on my pool right now and run the SWG at 10%. In the summer without a cover, I run 22%. My CYA in the summer is 70 ppm. Right now CYA is about 40 ppm, which I'll kick it back up in the Spring.

Thanks for the link, is this a relatively easy install? I debating if I need to purchase an expansion board. My com port is pretty full now and my lite version of easy touch didn't come equipped with one. I have seen some installs were the protocol adapter is put in the easy touch and hard wired and then you purchase a separate wireless ethernet transmitter to connect to your internet. What are your thoughts on that? With the price of the kit you sent link for it doesn't seem like you save much. Thanks

J,

Here is my story... I initially hard wired my EasyTouch to the Protocol adapter inside my house, because I felt that the wireless system just added more complexity. Worked great for a year or so, until my neighbor took a direct lighting strike. I got what was left over..

The lighting came in on my hardwire and took out the main board, and surge card (SWCG power supply) inside the EasyTouch. It then traveled down the hard wire and took out the Protocol Adapter, the home network switch it was connected to, as well as all the things that were also connected to that switch.

I now use the wireless links that came with the Protocol adapter.

ScreenLogic is an easy DIY project.. Since you only have one physical com port, you can just connect all the inputs together, and then run jumper wires from the splices to the com port. It appears to me that your IC40 is the only thing connected to your com port now... If that is true, then just connect both the IC40 and the ScreenLogic to the same connector.. You can have many items connected to the same com port.. The limit is how many wires you can stuff into the same connector. Two wires in each pin should work without any problems.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Im happy with the new SWG install but I'm having a troublesome issue. Ever since installing the cell I have lots of bubbles and gurgling sounds coming from returns. This happens with the cell off or on. I unplugged cell and I still have issue. This was not occurring before the SWG install. I have checked all the common areas for air getting into the pump on suction side. The cell is installed in the correct direction. Why am I seeing this issue after installing the Cell?

Im happy with the new SWG install but I'm having a troublesome issue. Ever since installing the cell I have lots of bubbles and gurgling sounds coming from returns. This happens with the cell off or on. I unplugged cell and I still have issue. This was not occurring before the SWG install. I have checked all the common areas for air getting into the pump on suction side. The cell is installed in the correct direction. Why am I seeing this issue after installing the Cell?

do you see bubbles under the pump lid? Might have an air leak.

There does seem to be alot of air under the pump lid. I inspected lid and o ring and didnt see and issue. I have ordered a new o ring and will try that when it gets here. Its weird that this was not an issue until the SWG install. Thanks

i has a tough time after I installed mine since I redid a lot of the plumbing. Make sure any unions get some lube on the o-rings

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.