Converted to store method instead of TFP..... sorry

added one gallon of CYA this morning at 5am,,, just sampled right now and i am still getting a reading of <20 CYA... but i can definitely tell the black dot is almost disappearing compared to my previous samples, but its still there visible...

- - - Updated - - -

i would of thought with 4 lbs of granular CYA and the 1 gallon jug i added this morning i would atleast been in the 40-50 range... enough to definitely get a reading on the CYA tube... i have done it over and over just to verify and i get same results... i have read other peoples how to and seen the video aswell... i will give it another day just incase the liquid stabilizer has not circulated good yet.

How did you add the liquid stabilizer to the pool?

Next time use Pool math to determine who much you need and to see what the effects of adding a chemical (like CYA in this cse). The bottom part of pool math will tell you the effects of adding chemicals, putting in your pool volume this is what I found:

128 ounces of liquid stabilizer will increase your CYA by 21.
4 lbs of granular stabilizer will increase your CYA by 13.

21+13=34. Any backwashing will remove water and some CYA. Your refill water doesn't have CYA, so adding water after a refill will make your CYA come down.

Is this all of the CYA you have added?

How did you add the liquid stabilizer to the pool?

Next time use Pool math to determine who much you need and to see what the effects of adding a chemical (like CYA in this cse). The bottom part of pool math will tell you the effects of adding chemicals, putting in your pool volume this is what I found:

128 ounces of liquid stabilizer will increase your CYA by 21.
4 lbs of granular stabilizer will increase your CYA by 13.

21+13=34. Any backwashing will remove water and some CYA. Your refill water doesn't have CYA, so adding water after a refill will make your CYA come down.

Is this all of the CYA you have added?
4 pounds of granular stabilizer is 27ppm not 13ppm ;)

greats thanks for the advice, I will let it go for a few days before checking the CYA again, hopefully ill be able to read something more accurate on my next testing. I still have 3lb of granular in hand to add if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.