New member · From 123miscacct
Messages0Featured content0Reaction score0Points0

Joined Today at 12:49 PM
Last seen 38 minutes ago · Viewing member profile Al Banks
Find

LATEST ACTIVITY POSTINGS

ABOUT

• hi,
    I have a 35,000 gallon outdoor, inground, gunnite pool with liners on the side, in hartford, ct. The pool was constructed in the 1970's by the previous owners. My equipment has expired and the pool has been closed for a couple of years. Looking to reopen it this year and have been advised to consider a salt water pool for it's ease of use and lower operating cost.

• Although my return in pvc piping, some of my other pipes are 1.5 inch probably galvanized steel. Wanted to get an idea of my treatment options and the cost of replacing the pipes. Am told that the only diff in equipment between a chlorine and salt water pool equipment is that I need a salt chorine generator.

• So the cost difference comes down to the cost of replacing the pipes

thanks
    Al

A good picture of your current equipment pad and pool are worth a thousand words.
Generally - adding a SWCG requires you to do nothing more than installing it.

I'm not completely familiar with galvanized piping in pool situations - but post up a few photos and the group can go from there.
You'll want to make sure you have a proper test kit. If replacing your pump, consider a variable speed pump.
A K-1766 Salt test kit is a necessary addition if you don't have it already in a test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.