Sutton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My old Hayward HP21104T heat pump died and I replaced it with a W3HP21404T. I controlled the HP21104T with my Pentair easytouch 8 by connecting the easytouch’s heater/fireman’s switch 24 VAC wires to the HP21104T’s remote heat terminals.
I would like to do the same with the W3HP21404T. What are the the correct terminals on the W3HP21404T control panel?

Thanks ajw22. I saw that manual before, but it seems ambiguous. I'm not sure what the NO switch is, and whether it just requires a closed circuit, or is it a relay that requires a current to operate.
I also got an installation manual with the unit, which is more detail. I found it online: https://www.hayward-pool.ca/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/HeatPro-Square-Manual-Rev-G.pdf
1683596335697.png
I'm assuming that I need to connect the heater output from the easytouch 8 to the J7 terminal of the heat pump. The easytouch will drive 24 VAC to close the heater relay and turn on the heater.

So, I just trying to confirm that it is safe to connect the easytouch's heater terminals to the heat pump's J7 terminals.

Yes, connect the EasyTouch gas heater relay terminals to J7 on the HP.

Thanks ajw22. Everything is working fine.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.