Gold Supporter
Jun 6, 2017
Minnesota
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have you all found a good way to adjust the temperature? When using the fireman switch and a sonoff?

I have one on my workbench that I've been messing around with before taking it out to the pool. It seems I have to set maximum and minimum temperatures within the eWeLink app. It's not as simple as selecting a target temp like you would with a home smart thermostat.

I was also able to get our Amazon echos to provide the temperature from the Sonoff, but can't seem to get them to adjust the temperature from verbal commands.

Which sonoff switch are you using? Alexa and Google home can provide you with current temperatures and turn the switch on and off, but cannot set the switch to a specific temperature.

Last edited:
I have the Sonoff TH Elite.

Is there a different device that can operate like a traditional thermostat so it can report the temperature, and allow for the temp to be easily changed?

A couple years back I found a home thermostat that works with a remote probe, but unfortunately can't seem to find it again.

With the TH16, using the eWelink app "auto" mode, I can set the heater to operate within a minimum and maximum temperature within a given schedule.View attachment 567047
That's what I was seeing too. I was hoping there's be an easier way to update the temperature without having to update both the minimum and maximum.

Something like a thermostat where I can set it to 86* one day, 80 the next, etc

I have the same unit… How are you using it to control your heater? I know it has a connection for 110 V but it only turns it on and off.
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking how I use the app to control the heater? Or are you asking how I connected the unit to the fireman's switch?