Contractor for liner replacements

Hi all. I have been struggling with a leak ever since I opened the pool this year. I am confident of the general area where the leak is coming from due to water on that side of the pool. I have had a local pool shop come out and attempt to find the leak, they spent an hour with two guys using dye and could find no leak or soft spots. I have tested with dye over and over again around the area where this leak is at, and am at my wits end. Some days it leaks, and water is very visible around the outside area of the pool, and other days it is dry as a bone. It doesn't coincide with running the pump. If anyone has any ideas on how else to troubleshoot this I'm all ears.

The "leak experts" American Leak Detection wants to charge me like $500 bucks to come out and I'm not sure it's worth it since the liner is likely several years old anyway, and has a couple of prior patches. I want to price out just replacing the liner since it has a couple of prior patches plus one that I did find and patched myself (twice to be sure it wasn't still leaking). Anyone have any tips for finding and pricing out contractors to replace the liner? Our local Leslie's only sells the liners. Not sure where to start.

hey there :)

hmmm, so you can see the water on the outside... does it do it when the wind blows, only after you fill??

it will leak and stop at the leak (or very close to the level) how long does it go before it stops going down..

just throwing out ideas :)

I'm really contemplating just letting the stupid thing drain down just to see where it stops. But I'm afraid it is on the bottom!

I usually turn the pump on sometime in the morning and I can immediately see standing water on the side where I previously patched right by the pump. However some days I look and there is zero water there.

As a for instance, I haven't topped off in well over a week and just the past 2 days there has been water sitting outside the pool. I know I went a good 4 to 5 days last week where the dirt wasn't even damp.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here is a pic, this is right below the skimmer.
9136fcfffc1abdbc5cce6a53ef5daed4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.