Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

The glass tile looks chipped. Did you see this before they plastered? Definitely unacceptable and I would either have it fixed or a hughe credit of plaster and tile work. I hope you have your quotes and I would not pay anymore money till you have everything in writing moving forward. So mad for you right now. [emoji23]

No I didn’t notice it until it was against the light color plaster sadly. I should have known tho because it got covered in cement when they poured our deck and some sloshed over. We haven’t given final payment yet but yea it needs to be fixed... just hopefully in the winter so we can enjoy our pool finally.

How much you want to bet that is why there was plaster there???
I know right. The contractor whom I love said he would fix it. He’s still a little green tho so I don’t know if he understands it’s not really any easy fix. But I will wait and see how it goes these next few weeks. We have so much to do! The deck is filthy and needs it’s last coat of paint and my husband has to re run the irrigation system and sod and we are going to lay some pavers and put up a small shed for pool equipment. I just want to be able to enjoy our hot months in the pool and deal with the rest in the winter.

I know right. The contractor whom I love said he would fix it. He’s still a little green tho so I don’t know if he understands it’s not really any easy fix. But I will wait and see how it goes these next few weeks. We have so much to do! The deck is filthy and needs it’s last coat of paint and my husband has to re run the irrigation system and sod and we are going to lay some pavers and put up a small shed for pool equipment. I just want to be able to enjoy our hot months in the pool and deal with the rest in the winter.

The real work has just begun as you get everything just the way you want it. Take your time and think about all you do before you do it. Trust me you don’t want to do it twice. I should have listened to DW the first time [emoji482]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We did finally get in today. I made my husband wait 48 hours. However the Ph was super high so we added muriatic acid and then it was too low! 6.8. And it stayed that way since last night. I’m kind of shocked seeing as it’s new plaster. Anyway- we took a dip because my toddler couldn’t stand it anymore but then she complained about her eyes burning... so no more of that until we get the levels evened out.
Currently
Alk is 100.
FC is 2
Ph 7.1
CYA 20.

Last edited:
I bet it will just about purrfect today! Glad you were able to get in and enjoy it. Sorry about her little eyes stinging :( Tell her it will be better next time!

I hope so!! We have the guys coming to put the last coat of acrylic on the deck tomorrow and I am hoping John can get back out to get our skimmer fixed. My husband is super excited about getting all of our patio furniture out of his garage! lol

- - - Updated - - -

26BBDD85-9A6A-49DE-8F13-6BC19D4F6D60.jpg99661EC5-B693-4498-A98E-4D5156AEBF38.jpgEC3BF936-C456-44A8-ADFF-77E1E247E155.jpg
Before she took off the googles and burned her eyeballs :(

Love the pics of your daughters first swim! Bet you thought this day would never end?! I’m so happy for you that you have a finished pool. Enjoy!

haha i know right! And Thanks! We are excited. They have to fix a lot of tile waterline and stairs, but that can be done in the winter!

- - - Updated - - -

Today (tuesday) we are 4 days. I started adding chlorine slowly yesterday. Will re check levels today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.