Constant water stream coming out of my overflow drain

Melloj123

Dec 7, 2023
Houston, TX
Don't know exactly how to best explain this, but i have a constant stream of water coming out of my overflow drain that goes into the street. I do have an auto-fill system and i can hear it hissing when i open the cover. Water line is not above the overflow drain so i don't understand how it is consistently keeps my street wet. Here are pictures of my set up . Any help of advice would be much appreciated.
Picture3.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture1.jpg

Could the water be coming from something besides the pool?
Any other drain lines connected to the overflow line to the street?

Shut the autofill water source off for a few days and see if the drain line discharge changes.

Don't know exactly how to best explain this, but i have a constant stream of water coming out of my overflow drain that goes into the street. I do have an auto-fill system and i can hear it hissing when i open the cover. Water line is not above the overflow drain so i don't understand how it is consistently keeps my street wet. Here are pictures of my set up . Any help of advice would be much appreciated.
View attachment 543645View attachment 543646View attachment 543647
Turn off the auto fill and confirm the overflow stops.

Your autofill is constantly running, that’s why the drain is constantly flowing. There is a problem with the autofill. Either the float isn’t set properly OR there is a leak in the valve OR both.

@Bperry is right - find the shutoff valve for the auto fill and close it. Then see about fixing/adjusting the float valve.

If your autofill is one of those toilet bowl tank style float valves (Korky valve), they are very finicky and often fail on a regular basis due to wear and tear of the internal seals. So it’s something that, if it is a failed valve, you’ll need to keep a regular eye on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.