Constant high PH levels

One other thing I have not seen mentioned is you have a waterfall, bubblers, slide and possible other aeration devices

I agree with everyone else in that you have been getting impractical/impossible advice on the levels that you should be maintaining in your pool and that is what is causing the ph rise. But use of anything that aerates the water will contribute to rising ph as well

Last edited:
Sorry, sounds like the pool store has been laughing all the way to the bank. I have found that the advice here on the forum and in pool school along with the test kits all work great, save chemicals and are pretty much frustration-free.
I have a refurbished pool this year too and have trouble keeping pH down - no algaecide needed since the chlorine is high enough, no weekly shocks, and no need to add base (since the water is already too basic!)
Good luck switching over to a trouble free pool!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You are getting great advice here. We were pool newbys with a build this spring and after spending $350 to (attempt to) get balanced the pool store way, I finally saw the light on my last visit to the pool store when I was buying my last round of chemicals and asked them point blank "Can't I lower my alkalinity with baking soda?" and the owner and his wife both looked at each other with a befuddled expression and responded "No we think that baking soda is used to lower ph". That was my last trip there. (And we still have a very expensive and unopened bottle of commercial phosphate remover that we cant return) I have been using the TFP method ever since and have had wonderfully balanced water all summer. Thank you, my TFP heros!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You are getting great advice here. We were pool newbys with a build this spring and after spending $350 to (attempt to) get balanced the pool store way, I finally saw the light on my last visit to the pool store when I was buying my last round of chemicals and asked them point blank "Can't I lower my alkalinity with baking soda?" and the owner and his wife both looked at each other with a befuddled expression and responded "No we think that baking soda is used to lower ph". That was my last trip there. (And we still have a very expensive and unopened bottle of commercial phosphate remover that we cant return) I have been using the TFP method ever since and have had wonderfully balanced water all summer. Thank you, my TFP heros!

Thank you for the kind words and Welcome to TFP!

Please start a new thread and intriduce yourself. Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.