New Hampshire, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am installing Pool Auto-fill system in a pool that is getting built. For this purpose I purchased LEVOLOR® K-1100. Here is the manual for it.

Since, I do not have static pipe, I am using the skimmer method, however, I want to be able to replace the sensor in the future if it fails, therefore I would like to run a conduit to the skimmer. Please suggest where should I drill a hole in the skimmer, and how should I connect the conduit it it.

1.jpg
Here is another image, where you can see where the top of the deck is going to be:
2.jpg
I found one youtube video, but that is about it:

huh I never knew LEVOLOR had a skimmer install in the manual. I’ve seen it before in skimmers, I always thought they were installed like that as a last resort.

Just a few things to consider. If you drill into the back you’ll need a wider sweep 90 than you have there, otherwise it will be impossible to pull.

I don’t know about NH but here shifting between bond beam and deck are common. Anything secured to the skimmer could rip or pull out with a shift, causing a leak.

I personally would see if the concrete guys could pour the skimmer first and set the cuff with conduit attached. I would just do a bell end flush with cuff and pipe on the other side. The concrete will hold it place and you could remove pipe after concrete sets. It would be high enough you wouldn’t have to worry about leaks.

These are good for punching holes.
1686626546231.jpeg

Doing the typical stand pipe installation would be best. Maybe someone that has done the skimmer install will chime in.

Reactions: soleen
Thank you for the feedback. I ended up using a short flex elbow before going to hard conduit. This way there is going to be some room for the skimmer during concrete pouring phase.
1.jpg2.jpg

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.